Re: problem with table structure

From: Miguel Vaz <pagongski(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem with table structure
Date: 2010-07-09 18:47:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Tim: ah, come on. :-P

I do have basic knowledge, and beyond. I am mostly a MySQL dev (dont flame
yet), but have a good grasp on bds in general.

I usually solve the BD problems/situations in a way i can easily code around
it, since i am normally the dev on the programming front also. This time i
am building the BD for someone else, with certain constraints, so my
question was more of a general use, or common procedure - if there is one -
for that particular problem.

I understand that you, Tim, might be more pragmatic about the whole matter,
and please forgive my use of english, which is also not my native language,
but its merely what i stated above: i do have knowledge, i can solve the
stated situation in a way *I* could work with, but thought of asking you,
master SQL'ers, about how you would solve the situation. Just that, no
strings attached, no complications needed. :-)

Email is a very ungrateful media for db explanations. It easily becomes
boring and extensive, for both the writer and the reader. Still, thanks for
the help, guys. :-)

As for the vehicle, Tim, i would prefer the pub, since at the moon is where
i usually spend my days, hehe.

Pag