Running Postgresql on Windows sans install

From: "Sheena O'Connell" <sheena(dot)oconnell(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Running Postgresql on Windows sans install
Date: 2010-11-24 16:17:52
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi all

I want to run Postgresql on windows without actually installing it so I
followed the instructions on this
page<http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/archives/172-Starting-PostgreSQL-in-windows-without-install.html>.
Unfortunately it didn't work out. I was wondering if anyone could point me
in the direction of resources on the same topic?

I haven't done much work with batch files, and this is my first real
Postgresql experience so i'm a bit stumped. My mighty plan is to access a
Postgresql DB from a C# application. Said application is to run a batch file
that starts up Postgresql. Ideally what I would like as a response to this
message would be a script that I can use to start up Postgresql from the
binaries as well as an explanation of how the script works. Another thing
that would make me smile would be a brief explanation of what to do once the
script is run. Nothing too hectic, just an example of how to put a table
somewhere would be lovely.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Sheena