Re: Correction for the Binary Replication Tutorial

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Smith <michaels(at)pc-doctor(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Correction for the Binary Replication Tutorial
Date: 2011-01-17 02:00:01
Lists: pgsql-www

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 5:28 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> Are you saying that you put recovery.conf in your PGDATA directory and
> it didn't work, or that you put it in your PGCONF directory and it
> didn't work?

I got the impression he's using a data_directory setting which doesn't
point back at the directory containing postgresql.conf?

> Anyway, the tutorial is on a *wiki*, so you should go there both to make
> edits, and to add notes and questions on the [Discussion] page.

Does anyone keep an eye on the Discussion pages? Make changes, sure,
but I bet editing a talk page is a good way to get ignored for all
time.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company