Comparing Enumerated Types between JDBC and ODBC drivers

From: Richard Broersma <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-odbc <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Comparing Enumerated Types between JDBC and ODBC drivers
Date: 2010-12-21 18:14:18
Lists: pgsql-jdbc pgsql-odbc

While testing the waters of porting a MS-Access application to OObase.
I noticed that certain types such as Enumerated types - as well as
other types (i.e. interval), where not representable in OObase using
the JDBC driver. However, when I used the ODBC driver for OOBase all
such types were once again representable (they were represented as
text).

Is this an issues with OOBase or an issue with the representation of
complex types using the JDBC driver?

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.