Re: pg_stat_transaction patch

From: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Joel Jacobson <joel(at)gluefinance(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_stat_transaction patch
Date: 2010-07-12 09:36:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Accessor functions to get so far collected statistics for the current
transaction"

The latest version of the patch works as expected, and also well-formed.
I'll mark the patch to "Ready for Committer".
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/AANLkTikSYdRwATGAP5U6O6zwIO4b_WNJXIbUd2y2tI01@mail.gmail.com

The added views and functions only accumulates activity counters
in the same transaction where the stat views are queried. So we
need to check the view before COMMIT or ROLLBACK.

The only issue in the patch is too long view and function names:
- pg_stat_transaction_user_tables (31 chars)
- pg_stat_get_transaction_tuples_hot_updated (42 chars)
- pg_stat_get_transaction_function_self_time (42 chars)

Since we've already used _xact_ in some system objects, we could replace
_transaction_ parts with _xact_. It will save 7 key types per query ;-)

--
Itagaki Takahiro