Re: SQL/MED - file_fdw

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Shigeru HANADA <hanada(at)metrosystems(dot)co(dot)jp>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL/MED - file_fdw
Date: 2010-12-19 03:18:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 11:01 PM, Itagaki Takahiro
<itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 11:49, Shigeru HANADA <hanada(at)metrosystems(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:
>> I've just moved permission check and read-only check from BeginCopy()
>> to DoCopy().  Please see attached patch.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Are there any objections for the change? If acceptable,
> I'd like to apply it prior to SQL/MED and file_fdw patches.

I think at a bare minimum the functions you're adding should have a
comment explaining what they do, what their arguments mean, etc.

I'm sort of suspicious of the fact that BeginCopyTo() is a shell
around BeginCopy() while BeginCopyFrom() does a whole bunch of other
stuff. I haven't grokked what the code is doing here well enough to
have a concrete proposal though...

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company