Re: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Bug-fix and new feature of pg_lesslog is released

From: Koichi Suzuki <koichi(dot)szk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
Subject: Re: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Bug-fix and new feature of pg_lesslog is released
Date: 2010-05-13 06:21:12
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-bugs pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

WAL streming filter is an interesting idea. We can leave full page
backup for local recovery and decrease the amount of WAL to transfer.

If SR writes WAL in record by record basis, implementation will be
simple. If SR writes WAL in block by block basis, WAL records may be
divided from transfer to transfer and it is not simple to handle.

Regards;
Koichi Suzuki