Transaction manipulation commands in user defined c functions?

From: Michael Hadjivassiliou <sporegnosis(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Transaction manipulation commands in user defined c functions?
Date: 2010-06-09 00:55:36
Lists: pgsql-novice

I've been searching for a way to do transaction blocks and savepoints within
a user defined c function. Apparently the docs state that if an SPI function
throws an error, control goes out of the function and the current
transaction is rolled back, yet it hints that you can do subtransactions
within a c function.

a. Is that possible?
b. I couldn't find any doc or reference to such a feature.

Has anyone got an example doing this? Can you please just point me to the
right direction?

Michael.