Add slowdown after conversion to UTF8

From: Brant Fitzsimmons <brant(dot)fitzsimmons(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Add slowdown after conversion to UTF8
Date: 2010-06-17 22:28:53
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello there,

I've searched the web and can find very little on this issue, so I was
hoping those on this list would be able to shed some light on it.

Performance has dropped through the floor after converting my db from ASCI
to UTF8. Is this normal behavior on 8.4.x?

I'm mystified as to the problem. Thanks for any input you can provide.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." --