Re: Wiki clarification

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wiki clarification
Date: 2011-02-27 11:24:40
Lists: pgsql-www

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 04:32, Joshua D. Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-02-26 at 21:55 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
>
>> > From my own point of view, I'm not even sure what a "commercial abuse"
>> > of the wiki would consist of.  If a company wants to
>> > advertise/brag/hype/promote a product which is based on Postgres on
>> > the wiki, how is that a detriment to the project, exactly?
>>
>> Yeah, good point.
>
> Exactly, we are known to be a commercially friendly project -- BSD
> License and all.

Sure. We'll still need a pretty well-defined policy, though, IMNSHO.
We need something to point to when $company dumps copies of all their
marketing material in there, for example, making the search even worse
than it is now (if that's even possible :P).

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/