Re: mingw 64 build

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: mingw 64 build
Date: 2011-01-30 16:52:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 16:47, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:

> The attached patch allows building a 64 bit Windows Postgres using the
> mingw64 compiler from
> <http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win64/Automated%20Builds/>.
> It works both as a native compiler and for cross-compiling (which I tested
> on 32 bit Windows, but could in theory be done on any of the supported
> hosts, including Linux, Darwin and Cygwin).
>
> The required changes are very modest, and I'd like to commit this so we can
> get some buildfarm coverage (I don't have an available 64 bit Windows
> machine for running a buildfarm member right now. but maybe someone else
> does.)
>
> There will be some small consequent documentation changes.

+#ifndef _WIN32_WINNT
#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0501
+#endif

That seems unsafe in general. What if _WIN32_WINNT is already defined,
but to something lower than 0x0501?Might be better to do:
#ifdef _WIN32_WINNT
#undef _WIN32_WINNT
#endif

instead?

+#ifndef WIN64
#define _WINSOCKAPI_

Did you verify that that's not needed on win64-msvc? (my VM isn't
booted right now, so I didn't actually test it)

Other than those comments, looks good to me.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/