Re: [DOCS] Doc fixes and improvements

From: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: rod(at)iol(dot)ie, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: [DOCS] Doc fixes and improvements
Date: 2010-09-14 18:11:26
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-www

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 9:37 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 12:29 PM, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> wrote:
>>>
>>> It seems like you're giving up just when we've just about got
>>> consensus.  Please don't.
>>
>> No, not at all.  :)  I'm just suggesting that rather than people
>> making a suggestion, and me going ahead and putting that change in
>> straight away (like I have been doing), it should have the support of
>> more than a single person first, otherwise there'll be lots of
>> tweaking and un-tweaking without any real agreement.
>>
>> If you wish to go ahead with what we've currently got, I'll create
>> another patch for Magnus to stage, otherwise what requires changing
>> needs to be decided.
>
> Oh, OK.  Well, +1 for pushing live what's currently at:
>
> http://pgweb.darkixion.com:8081/docs/8.4/static/sql-syntax-lexical.html
>
> It's probably not perfect, but I think it's better than what we have
> now, and that's sufficient.  Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead.

+1

Thanks, Thom, for putting the time and energy into this. It's lovely to see.

I've been following along, and I think what we have now is a very nice
improvement. Once it is pushed live, I recommend publishing a blog
post and soliciting feedback about the changes. Not necessarily to
change anything right away, but just to collect feedback.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com/daily - me