Re: No Relations Found Error

From: Carlos Mennens <carlos(dot)mennens(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: No Relations Found Error
Date: 2010-09-30 19:59:04
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 3:44 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie> wrote:
> On 30/09/2010 20:43, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/ddl-schemas.html
>>
>> Have a look at section 5.3.7 on the search path in particular, as this
>
> Whoops, sorry - that's 5.7.3.

Thank you. I am reading the schema section you provided and it gives a
dry sense of what it does however I don't understand who I can access
the tables for the schema 'mediawiki'?

wiki=# \dn mediawiki
List of schemas
Name | Owner
-----------+-------
mediawiki | wiki
(1 row)

I can see the schema name and owner but what if I want to look inside?
Normally I would use the \d to view all the table info in the
connected database but now I can't do this in my 'wiki' database for
whatever reason. Perhaps because it was not created in the 'public'
schema rather than it's own custom schema.

wiki=# \c webmail
psql (8.4.4)
You are now connected to database "webmail".
webmail=# \d
List of relations
Schema | Name | Type | Owner
--------+---------------------+----------+---------
public | cache | table | webmail
public | cache_ids | sequence | webmail
public | contact_ids | sequence | webmail
public | contactgroupmembers | table | webmail
public | contactgroups | table | webmail
public | contactgroups_ids | sequence | webmail
public | contacts | table | webmail
public | identities | table | webmail
public | identity_ids | sequence | webmail
public | message_ids | sequence | webmail
public | messages | table | webmail
public | session | table | webmail
public | user_ids | sequence | webmail
public | users | table | webmail
(14 rows)

How would I achieve this on my 'wiki' database?