Problems with 8.3.12 docs?

From: Steevie <steevie(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems with 8.3.12 docs?
Date: 2011-01-08 08:24:15
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hello there,
I recently downloaded from [1] the A4 pdf manual for postgresql 8.3. I
noticed that in Section VI (SQL commands reference) all the hyperlinks
to other commands in the "See Also" part of each command description
do not link to those other command, but rather bring you back to page
1, i.e., the very beginning of the pdf. I do not think this is the
intended behaviour.

In addition, in the documentation version 8.3.12 there is no "content"
(as in kpdf are called adobe's bookmarks) that can be used to browse
the pages and move to a particular section. These bookmarks however
appeared in 8.3.4 version, which also has the same problem with
hyperlinks.

I can guess there has been some problem with pdflatex, so recompiling
the source might solve the problem.

I only wonder whether I should file a bug somewhere or if this report suffices.

Cheers,
Stefano
[1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/manuals/