Re: is_absolute_path incorrect on Windows

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: is_absolute_path incorrect on Windows
Date: 2010-06-01 00:50:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>> I'm inclined to propose adding an additional path test operator, along
>> the lines of "has_drive_specifier(path)" (always false on non-Windows),
>> and use that where needed to reject relative-with-drive-letter paths.
>
> I think I agree with this point, but we all agreed that we should throw
> the question out for the wider audience on -hackers for more comments.

If you invert the sense then it might not be so windows-specific:

/* NOTE: these two functions aren't complementary under windows,
* be sure to use the right one */

/* Check path always means the same thing regardless of cwd */
is_absolute_path()
/* Check that path is under cwd */
is_relative_path()

--