Re: Overriding local encoding defaults

From: Lukasz Brodziak <lukasz(dot)brodziak(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bob McConnell <rmcconne(at)lightlink(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Overriding local encoding defaults
Date: 2010-10-18 05:12:03
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have a similar problem. When I try to put up a cluster with encoding
set to CP1250 I get an info that this is not a proper server encoding
type. The initdb and pg_createcluster force me to use utf8 with pl_PL
locale. Is there a way to override this as I know that CP1250 is
supported by PG. The system is Ubuntu 10.04.