Re: Support for constraint trigger (8.2 feature)

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Support for constraint trigger (8.2 feature)
Date: 2011-03-22 16:17:23
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 3:47 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>wrote:

> Le 22/03/2011 15:59, Dave Page a écrit :
> > On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> > <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Here is a patch that adds support for the constraint trigger, a feature
> >> available since 8.2.
> >>
> >> This patch adds a Constraint checkbox and the deferrable and deferred
> >> checkboxes. Note that the "FROM referenced_table_name" clause is not
> >> implemented as it "is not recommended for general use" according to the
> >> manual.
> >>
> >> I'm not sure the design is really good as I had to increase the dialog's
> >> height quite a lot. It would probably be a good idea to add a new tab
> >> and push some controls over there.
> >>

> > It's certainly far too high, but then the WHEN and Comment boxes could be
> > reduced significantly.
> >

> They could be reduced, but I don't think it'll be significant.

Maybe it's just on the Mac, but there's a heck of a lot of wasted space
here. See the attached screenshot for an example.

> > FYI, moving forward I think we should make a concerted effort to ensure
> that
> > all dialogues can be used on an 800x600 screen, allowing for some sort of
> > task bar.
> >

> Could be interesting, but you lost me with the task bar thingie. What's
> your idea?

You need to allow some space for the task bar - the thing with the Start
menu on it on Windows, the system menu bar in Gnome and the app menu bar in
OSX.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
Screen shot 2011-03-22 at 16.15.29.png image/png 78.6 KB