Re: Reg: SQL Query for Postgres 8.4.3

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, Mark Kirkwood <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>, Srinivas Naik <naik(dot)srinu(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Reg: SQL Query for Postgres 8.4.3
Date: 2010-05-04 14:42:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Kevin Grittner
> We have maintained nonstandard behavior in the past for
> compatibility reasons, so it's a fair question; however, I'm
> inclined toward the standard on this one.

In a case like this, it seems unlikely that someone would be counting
on a negative value to throw an error, so I tend to regard doing
something else as an extension of the standard rather than a deviation
from it. But I don't have strong feelings about it.

...Robert