Re: Hiding Schedules/Step tabs while creating a new pgAgent job

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Nikhil S <nixmisc(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hiding Schedules/Step tabs while creating a new pgAgent job
Date: 2011-02-07 08:57:13
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 7:45 AM, Nikhil S <nixmisc(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

>> > When creating a new job, if one directly clicks on the Schedules tab and
>> > tries to add one, then the date picker does not work. I was trying to
>> > see
>> > why this is so for quite a while. Then I realized that adding a schedule
>> > or
>> > a step before the job has been actually created does not make sense.
>>
>> Yes it does - the dialogue will create the job and all the steps and
>> schedules in one go, when you hit OK on the job dialogue.
>>

> Oh, then there is a major issue with schedules in git head. The
> dlgJob::OnAddSchedule passes a NULL pgaSchedule node to schedules being
> newly created. Because of this the calendar that is being used for the date
> picker remains frozen. Looks like the dlgSchedule::Go function needs to do
> much more for the creation call in terms of setting things up for the date
> picker. But I am no wxCalendar expert...

I guess it's only a problem on some Linux versions - It's fine for me
on Mac, and was working when I last looked at this reported issue on
Linux.

Should be an easy fix though - just set the values to something
acceptable in Go() (noting that "no value" should be an option.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company