regarding functions and storedprocedures

From: siva kiran balijepalli <b(dot)sivakiran(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: regarding functions and storedprocedures
Date: 2011-03-11 05:08:54
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi vibhor,

If there is no difference between functions and stored
procedures, my doubt i show does the server know whether we are writing a
function or stored procedure. As per my knowledge in oracle a function must
return a value where as stored procedure cannot. IS this also true in
postgresql. If yes how can we acheive it?

thanks and regards
sivakiran.B