Re: wxWidgets 2.9 build

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: wxWidgets 2.9 build
Date: 2011-01-26 09:34:23
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 16:29, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 3:10 PM, Peter Geoghegan
> <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> I'd like to run the unit tests and regression tests
>> (/pgadmin3/xtra/pgscript/test), against our hacked grammar (that is,
>> our newly generated CPP files that have the additional includes). I
>> seem to be having much the same problems building them as PgAdmin
>> itself.
>>
>> In file included from ./pgsTestExpressionCast.cpp:16:0:
>> pgscript/pgsParser.yy:110:2: error: ‘pgsStmt’ does not name a type
>> pgscript/pgsParser.yy:111:2: error: ‘pgsStmtList’ does not name a type
>> ./pgsTestExpressionCast.cpp: In member function ‘void
>> pgsTestSuite::test_expression_cast()’:
>> ./pgsTestExpressionCast.cpp:21:2: error: ‘pgsCast’ was not declared in
>> this scope
>> ./pgsTestExpressionCast.cpp:21:12: error: ‘cast’ was not declared in this scope
>> ./pgsTestExpressionCast.cpp:29:43: error: invalid use of incomplete
>> type ‘struct pgsNumber’
>> ** SNIP **
>>
>> I performed my usual hack, and get includes from pgsParser.yy:
>>
>> #include "pgscript/pgScript.h" // not actually needed
>> #include "pgscript/statements/pgsStatements.h" // not actually needed
>> #include "pgscript/expressions/pgsExpressions.h" // needed
>> #include "pgscript/objects/pgsObjects.h" // needed
>> #include "pgscript/utilities/pgsContext.h" // needed
>>
>> and the TU compiles.
>>
>> I now get a linker error: make: *** No rule to make target
>> `../lib/libpgs.a', needed by `pgsTest'.  Stop.
>>
>> What's libpgs? Presumably it's the PgScript library, but it doesn't
>> appear to be available from anywhere.
>>
>> Should I give up on doing anything with the grammar for now? My
>> inclination is to try and tackle the problem, and just don't address
>> OGL issues in this initial patch.
>
> Mr Hagander - that be your code :-p. Do you recall what/where that
> library comes from?

It is? ;)

libpgs is pgscript, yes. It's built in xtra/pgscript/lib.

> Peter - xtra/pgscript really is unmaintained. Iirc, we only put the
> code there so it had a home (it was already written when we added
> pgScript).

Well, I applied a patch a couple of days back that made it build again.

However, I never actually ran the tests. So I'd start by verifying if
that works on an *unpatched* system, really :-)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/