Re: Shutdown fails with both 'fast' and 'immediate'

From: David Schnur <dnschnur(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Shutdown fails with both 'fast' and 'immediate'
Date: 2010-05-12 17:03:57
Lists: pgsql-admin

@Julio Leyva: The table does get vacuumed at the end of the maintenance
tasks; in this case it's not making it that far, of course.

@Scott Marlowe: Truncate isn't an option here, unfortunately.

I'm less concerned with the particular query than with the general question
of when a shutdown could hang like this. I expected this to be possible
when using -m fast, but my understanding was that -m immediate really forced
termination.

I'm setting up a test on the user's machine where it will try immediate
first, rather than fast.

David