Re: Broken links on main site and other issues

From: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: "w^3" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Broken links on main site and other issues
Date: 2010-07-11 18:05:01
Lists: pgsql-www

On 11 July 2010 18:53, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc> wrote:
> On 07/11/2010 07:26 PM, Thom Brown wrote:
>>
>> On 11 July 2010 15:36, Stefan Kaltenbrunner<stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hmm there is a lot of old stuff on that page - and given that this book
>>> is
>>> now 10 years old and was only updated to 7.3 (which is now completely
>>> unsupported by the community) I wonder if we should just get rid of the
>>> whole page?
>>>

>>> Stefan
>>>

>> This is an old page, but I noticed on
>> http://www.postgresql.org/community/weeklynews/pwn20060319 that
>> there's a malformed tag on line 159: "<swm(at)alcove(dot)com(dot)au>"
>>
>> And this seemed to have happened before too on line 152 of this page:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.158 which reads
>> "<jolv(at)genaware(dot)com>"
>>
>> Is there some code somewhere that's malforming these?
>
> yeah - I think there is and the "code" is called "the human brain" :)
>
> Both of those look like simple c&p errors by the author of the respective
> docs - there is no real fancy (post)processing of html output on the site
> (at least not for those cases).
>

> Stefan

On http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp I see the
message "You have used this mirror before: United Kingdom" and a few
seconds later, it redirects me to
http://www.postgresql.org/redir/398/f/ which doesn't work.

However, if I click on the UK ftp link itself, it actually uses the
wwwmaster subdomain, and the rest of the URL is identical.

Thom