Re: gSoC - ADD MERGE COMMAND - code patch submission

From: Boxuan Zhai <bxzhai2010(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
Subject: Re: gSoC - ADD MERGE COMMAND - code patch submission
Date: 2010-07-11 09:18:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Thanks for all these feedback.

I found that people have problems on running my codes, which probably comes
from my nonstandard submission format. I can compile, install and initialize
postgres in my own machine. The system accepts MERGE command and will throw
an error when it runs into the executor, which cannot recognize the MERGE
command type so far.

I will make a standard patch as soon as possible. Sorry for the troubles.

Yours Boxuan