Re: Propose Beta3 for July

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Propose Beta3 for July
Date: 2010-06-28 19:41:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
>> 7/8 would be about the last date I'd consider reasonable, given a CF
>> starting 7/15.  I would prefer a few days earlier, but I'm not sure
>> how much of a vote I get considering that I'm not actively involved in
>> the release process or the packaging of installers.
>
> Well, I think realistically we could wrap earlier and release on the 7th
> or 8th.  That just depends on being able to do the wrap with a 100%
> non-US (as in, no Bruce or Tom) team.  I don't see that as impossible,
> but then I'm not involved in wrapping either.

I don't know what all the steps are. I can certainly tag and bundle
if that's helpful... my first try (alpha5) got the tags right and the
bundling wrong, but I think I know how to do it. But before that we
have to get all the fixes in, and after that someone needs to build
installers and RPMs, distribute things through the mirror network,
etc. and I don't know how all that works.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company