Re: How about closing some Open Items?

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How about closing some Open Items?
Date: 2010-06-08 21:01:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> However, I haven't see much progress in the last 10 days on closing any
> of these issues, and quite a few people have moved on to 9.1 features.

I appreciate the effort that went into making this list, but it's not
very useful to work off of any more. The problem is that the set of
things that is listed here is pretty erratic - there are actual
problems that are not on this list, and there are things on this list
that are 100% unimportant. In particular, pretty much everything in
the docs section is crap. Just because two people discussed something
at some point in the last six months doesn't make it an open issue.
Most of those conversations were not pursued because they were not
deemed important enough to pursuing, and I think only one of them has
an actual patch associated with it, viz:

ALTER TABLE .. DISABLE/ENABLE TRIGGER are out of date

I took a look at that patch, and I expect it's probably correct, but I
haven't actually looked at the code to verify that it's correct, so I
didn't apply it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company