Re: modular se-pgsql as proof-of-concept

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, PgSQL-Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: modular se-pgsql as proof-of-concept
Date: 2010-06-17 12:59:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

2010/6/17 KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>:
> I tried to implement a modular se-pgsql as proof-of-concept, using the DML
> permission check hook which was proposed by Robert Haas.
>
> At first, please build and install the latest PostgreSQL with this
> patch to add a hook on DML permission checks.
>  http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-05/msg01095.php
>
> Then, check out the modular se-pgsql, as follows:
>  % svn co http://sepgsql.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ sepgsql

This is a good start - I think with some cleanup this could be
committable, though probably it makes sense to wait until after we get
the security label infrastructure in. I suspect some code cleanup
will be needed; one thing I noticed off the top of my head was that
you didn't follow the usual style for installing hook functions in a
way that can accomodate multiple hooks. See contrib/auto_explain for
an example.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company