Re: Performance problem in textanycat/anytextcat

From: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Performance problem in textanycat/anytextcat
Date: 2010-05-16 03:02:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 8:51 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> Is it reasonable to fix this now, and if so should I bump catversion
> or leave it alone?  My own preference is to fix it in pg_proc.h but
> not touch catversion; but you could argue that different ways.

are you planning to backpatch this? if so, i say no to bump catversion
but only mention in the release notes that if you are upgrading you
have to make those updates manually... we have made that before...
otherwise we will require an initdb for minor version upgrade and
being that no one noted this before that seems excessive to me, IMHO

--
Jaime Casanova www.2ndQuadrant.com
Soporte y capacitación de PostgreSQL