Re: Create Table Dialog: Change Column after creation/Reorder Columns

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Onur GÜZEL <onur(dot)oguzel(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Create Table Dialog: Change Column after creation/Reorder Columns
Date: 2010-06-20 21:25:38
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Please remember to CC the list!

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Onur GÜZEL <onur(dot)oguzel(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your quick replies :)
>
> If it is ok to work on that ticket, i am beginning to add the features.
>
> Table dialog behaviour on pre-creation needs some buttons (like change
> button to show on new table and functionality for this button on
> pre-creation)

It just needs Up/Down buttons, as we have in some other dialogues.
Please copy the design for those, to ensure consistency.

> I will try to add Reorder button for Reordering columns on
> pre-creation and post-creation, i am going to try drag-n-drop
> functionality for columns if i can. It is ok for me if you may suggest
> ways (other than drag-n-drop columns) to do that.

DnD is nice, but it would need to be implemented in *all* dialogues
where we have options to re-order items in a list. Otherwise, the UI
becomes inconsistent, and users get confused.

--
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company