Re: Fwd: Pgadmin 1.12 rc1 editing bug

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pg(at)kuhnsteffen(dot)de, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Pgadmin 1.12 rc1 editing bug
Date: 2010-09-06 07:39:36
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Le 03/09/2010 23:07, Dave Page a écrit :
>> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 9:24 PM, Steffen Kuhn <pg(at)kuhnsteffen(dot)de> wrote:
>>>  Hi Guillaume,
>>>
>>> the delete problem is following:
>>> deleting rows has got the shortcut 'del'. Disabeling row deletion disables
>>> 'del'.
>>> Even the key event WXK_DELETE is not fired.
>>> So the solution of this problem which should been there since 'del' is the
>>> shortcut for row delete
>>> is to change the shortcut to eg. 'ctrl-del', to get the default behavior of
>>> the del key.
>>> Could you please comment this.
>>
>> Del on its own is the correct key. It should be able to do the "right
>> thing" based on whether or not a cell is in edit mode.
>>

> Yeah, I agree. See patch attached (not yet commited).

Hmm, that seems to be setting up the button to handle deletion of
text, which is not really consistent with anything else. Can we leave
the button to be enabled/disabled as it currently is, and ensure the
right thing is done in edit more? That would also avoid breaking a
translation...

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com