Re: Extensions, this time with a patch

From: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Extensions, this time with a patch
Date: 2010-10-20 04:32:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 12:58 PM, Alvaro Herrera
>> * xml2 module has a different extension name from the directory name.
>> The directory name is 'xml2', but the extension name is 'pgxml'.
>
> Lets rename the directory.

Hmmm, but we call it 'xml2' in the doc. There is no 'pgxml' at all in it.
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/xml2.html

However, I don't think we can change the module name because pg_upgrade
will fail if the module (.so) name was changed. So, it might be the
point of compromise to keep two names until we deprecate it completely.

--
Itagaki Takahiro