Re: Queues Problem

From: uaca man <uacaman(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Queues Problem
Date: 2010-06-08 18:01:16
Lists: pgsql-general

>You should investigate a proper queueing or job scheduling solution,
>such as RabbitMQ or Qpid or gearman. They are designed for this type
>of requirement.

All of those(RabbitMQ , Qpid and gearman) are messages queue and are used to
exchange message between different process, system, applications or whatever
you like, much like IBM MQSeries Plataform.

I don’t see how this is related to problem. Did is miss something?

> You will have to write your code to be more event
>driven, and make the web server just generate requests and view the
>results where they are stored.

What do you mean? That is what I think I am trying to do. No?