Re: psycopg2 Operational Error

From: Harald Armin Massa <harald(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: ganesh gajre <ganeshgajre(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psycopg2 Operational Error
Date: 2011-01-18 12:35:22
Lists: psycopg

> When I tried to create connection with my database under Postgres 8.4, it
> create the connection. But failed to load database through script.
>
> It's gives me error as follow:
>
> psycopg2.OperationalError: could not access file
> "/usr/lib/postgresql/8.3/lib/plpgsql.so": No such file or directory
>
> I am quite sure that psycopg2 is passing on the error PostgreSQL server is
giving.

And I gutess "load database through script" refers to "Ganesh has a database
dump which he is trying to upload via python + psycopg2"

So, please look at your datbase dump. Is somewhere within that dump
something along "create procedural language plpgsql ...... plpgsql.so" ???
THAT is source of the error.

Best wishes

Harald

--