Re: postgres services on amazon

From: Aljoša Mohorović <aljosa(dot)mohorovic(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jos <rustyscrew(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres services on amazon
Date: 2010-10-21 14:40:10
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Jos <rustyscrew(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I am not aware of anybody offering a postgresql server.  But it is
> very easy to build your own one.  The advantage is that you can
> control your own backup schemes.

i know, i am using amazon services and have no issues with running
postgres on ec2 but i'm more concern with the fact that it seems that
nobody is planning to provide professional services comparable with
the current mysql based services from amazon.
ibm and oracle also have services based on aws, although not actually
comparable with amazon rds.

Aljosa