I’m Seeking PostgreSQL DBA ( ID: URIPgDB159)

From: Alf Baez <alf(dot)baez(at)urimagnation(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: I’m Seeking PostgreSQL DBA ( ID: URIPgDB159)
Date: 2010-07-29 22:02:48
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Hello Pg/SQL Geeks,

I'm seeking for that ideal PostgreSQL Geeks to join my DBST, Database
Services Team.

Here is brief description of our team requirements for the ideal candidate:

URImagination, Inc., a venture-funded startup based in NYC, developing
databases, analytics, and infrastructure for clients in several exciting
industries such as Government, Financial, banking, Telecom and
Transportation among others. There, will be challenging projects such as
political polling, opinion measurement, migrating legacy systems and
applications and many more. Is looking for a PostgreSQL database
administrator. The work required falls in several areas as follow:

1. As part of our 24/7/365 on call rotation DB monitoring team. It’s also
require to provide support to configure, tune, test, and maintain production
database which serves as back tier for web applications, design and
implement replication system. Migration of legacy apps and databases running
on other rdbms systems such as Oracle, MS-SQL Server, FoxPro, among others.

2. Assist the survey operations staff in developing reports and analyzing
performance. Write ad hoc queries, design ETL processes, maintain GUI
front-end for staff access.

3. Provide support and advice for developers writing applications that
access the database. Our database and web servers run Linux and all
development is on the Linux platform. Applications are or will written in
Python, PHP, Perl. Staff uses Macs, Linux and ms-windows workstations. Big
pluses will be a well understanding of database fundamentals and development
applications including normalization, entity relationship, Object Oriented
Development Full Cycle (OOD)

Interpersonal Skills:

· Must be a great team player with ability to interact at all levels
of staff and managers in a highly diverse environment

· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills

· Must work and produce well with minimum supervision

Technical Skills:

· Expert understanding of PostgreSQL

· Demonstrated ability to write PL/pgSQL code

· Knowledge of database design and optimization best practices

· Strong Linux experience, able to write Bash or Python scripts

· Familiar with statistical analysis packages like R, SPSS, or SAS

· BA/BS in Information Technology or related field required

Proficient with following Tools, Products and Technologies:

· Windows, Unix (Sun, AIX, HP-11), Linux (RED Hat, SuSe)

· Oracle Enterprise Manager with Grid Control, TOAD, Spotlight

· Secure CRT, Patty.

· Technologies/protocols such as: SSH, FTP, THML, TCP/IP

This position is a great opportunity to join the company while we're still
small (under 20), but growing. Both DBAs with extensive experience and
junior people who can demonstrate the requisite skills are encouraged to
apply. Please contact me directly by email.

Data Management Services Team

URImagination, Inc.

http://www.urimagnation.com/services/it-jobs-careers/
urpro(dot)jobs(at)urimagnation(dot)com