Re: where are the query output tuples stored

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Qiqi YU <vonclemay(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: rod(at)iol(dot)ie, Pgadmin-Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: where are the query output tuples stored
Date: 2011-03-14 09:23:00
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 3:37 PM, Qiqi YU <vonclemay(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>

> Thanks for your reply! However, I still have a few doubts:
> 1: In which stage is the output tuples displayed? Is that within the
> OnQueryComplete function?

void ctlSQLResult::DisplayData(bool single) is where things are setup
for display.

> 2: May I know where is this sqlResultTable::GetValue function called?

It's called by the wxGrid control.

> 3: Also what is the difference between ctlSQLResult and sqlResultTable?

ctlSQLResult is an extended version of the wxGrid control, which
displays the results. sqlResultTable is a class that presents the
results of the query in a way that the wxGrid control can access.
Essentially, it's an adaptor between the grid control and the PGResult
structure from libpq.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com