Re: compile/install of git

From: Mark Wong <markwkm(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: compile/install of git
Date: 2010-09-20 16:24:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 7:59 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:

>> > Matthew was busy this summer so I am going to try to get some of his
>> > time by January to switch to Ubuntu.  And some people are complaining we
>> > will lose a BSD test machine once I switch.
>> >

>> Test machines belong in the buildfarm. And why would they complain about
>> losing a machine running a totally out of date and unsupported OS? Maybe
>> you should run BeOS instead.
>
> Well, I can run tests for folks before they apply a patch and "red" the
> build farm.  I can also research fixes easier because I am using the OS,
> rather than running blind tests.  I am just telling you what people told
> me.

I've been slowly trying to rebuild something that was in use at the
OSDL to test patches. I just proofed something that I think works
with the git repository:

http://207.173.203.223:5000/patch/show/48

If you click on the PASS or FAIL text, it will display the SHA1,
author and commit message that the patch was applied to. Think this
will be useful?

Mark