Re: URL alias for License

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: URL alias for License
Date: 2010-12-07 01:27:03
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 11:02 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:

>>> Yep.  Also I've seen people "correct" the spelling and get a 404.
>>

>> so you were in a room with those people and you told them the url in the
>> above words and they found it was not working so they started their IM
>> client to tell you (presumably still in the room) about it?
>>

> Maybe I had too much wine tonight (thanks to EDB's party in pgday.eu),
> but I don't see any reason to argue on this. Both speeling are valid, so
> both URL should be valid. That's not much work to do, right? or is it?
> because arguing on why people IM Josh is really irrelevant.

It's not much work to implement (well, actually It might be some work
to push out from the master server - I don't recall if we do write an
htaccess file for that). What is more important is that we don't add
arbitrary rewrite rules for for pages that aren't where someone
expects them as a) that list could become long, and b) we need to
maintain, and keep track of those links in the future, especially if
the page locations do actually change and we need to rewrite to the
new locations.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com