Re: Sending the beta4 release announcement, don't approve until the links are live!

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Sending the beta4 release announcement, don't approve until the links are live!
Date: 2010-08-04 13:11:56
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 6:50 AM, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> wrote:
> On 1 August 2010 18:29, Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Beta4 dirs aren't there yet. I'm assuming Devrim or someone else can
>> approve when they are ready?
>
> Looks like this message got stuck in the system for 3 days :S

I just saw a stalled -committers post pop out, too. Not sure if they
were waiting for moderation or what.

It seems to me that in the future we might be better off arranging for
the people who approve release announcements to have moderator access,
and then have them not send the email until it's time for it to go
out, and approve it themselves. There seem to be a variety of ways
that the current system can go wrong.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company