libpq related crash

From: Ramanujam <innomotive(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: libpq related crash
Date: 2010-08-26 05:35:27
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hello.

I apologise if this is the incorrect list.

I successfully built the latest pgAdmin3 source from git. However,
when I try to connect a a db after launching, I get the following
error:

./pgadmin3: symbol lookup error: ./pgadmin3: undefined symbol: PQconninfoParse

I did refer to the previous thread that carried this exact error and
checked if I am indeed building against a libpq 8.4+ version.
"configure" confirms this:
checking for PQexec in -lpq... yes
checking for PQconninfoParse in -lpq... yes
checking for SSL_connect in -lpq... no

PostgreSQL directory: /usr/local/pgsql
PostgreSQL pg_config binary: /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config
PostgreSQL version: PostgreSQL 8.4.4
PostgreSQL SSL support: Missing

I did have a 8.3 version before but I have removed that including any
remnants of it. I am running an 8.4.4 and can connect to it without
problems from psql:

kono(at)yam:~/pg/pgadmin/pgadmin3$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql -U postgres test3
psql (8.4.4)
Type "help" for help.

test3=# select version();
version
PostgreSQL 8.4.4 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (Ubuntu
4.3.3-5ubuntu4) 4.3.3, 32-bit
(1 row)

test3=# \set
VERSION = 'PostgreSQL 8.4.4 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc
(Ubuntu 4.3.3-5ubuntu4) 4.3.3, 32-bit'
DBNAME = 'test3'
USER = 'postgres'
PORT = '5432'
ENCODING = 'UTF8'

Can anyone please let me know how this can be resolved?

Thanks.

Ramanujam