Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use symbolic names not octal constants for file permission flags

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use symbolic names not octal constants for file permission flags
Date: 2010-12-11 16:18:51
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 17:13, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> I wrote:
>> Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> writes:
>>> This broke the buildfarm on Windows, and I'm not sure of the best way to fix it.
>
>> Hm, those symbols are already in use elsewhere in the code; I would
>> assume it's just a matter of missing #includes in these particular
>> files.  Where does Windows define 'em?
>
> Ah, I have a theory: <fcntl.h>.  Seems that ancient Unix specs say
> S_IRUSR etc should be defined there, rather than <sys/stat.h> which
> is the modern expectation.  Count on M$ to find creative ways of being
> incompatible ...

Nope, not there. I can't find S_IWGRP in any of the files.

But that symbol, OTOH, is *not* in use anywhere else in the code.
(only in zic.c, but it's ifdef'ed out on win32)

I guess I need to go look for each individual one that breaks and
split this into sub-problems.
--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/