Re: unexpected effect of FOREIGN KEY ON CASCADE DELETE

From: Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: unexpected effect of FOREIGN KEY ON CASCADE DELETE
Date: 2010-06-23 14:07:36
Lists: pgsql-general

not really, as it depends on pretty much both tables.
This is where de-normalization would actually makes sens, except for
that it wouldn't - because it will badly effect all my other queries
(joining on varchar is so slow).

I could drop FK, and replace that with my own trigger(s), but that's a
lot of mess.
Other idea, is to maintain some sort of a temp table that will hold
all names deleted, and use it. But still, not very nice nor obviuos.

--
GJ