To Signal The postmaster

From: aaliya zarrin <aaliya(dot)zarrin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: To Signal The postmaster
Date: 2010-12-07 07:22:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I want to signal the postmaster (User defined signal) once I created the
trigger file (for switch over).
I want to reduce my switch over time further by signaling the postmaster
once the trigger file is created.

Is this provision already there in the code?
There ate already SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2 are handled in the postmaster? is it
for the same?

If I handle my own signal using SIGUSR1/SIGUSR2 is it possible without
affecting the other functionality of existing code?

--
Thanks & Regards,

Aaliya Zarrin
(+91)-9160665888