Re: BUG #3563: DATESTYLE feature suggestion

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ben Hockey <neonstalwart(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3563: DATESTYLE feature suggestion
Date: 2010-05-16 06:22:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello

2010/5/16 Ben Hockey <neonstalwart(at)gmail(dot)com>:
> i apologize for bringing this up from over 2 years ago but i haven't been
> able to find how this issue was resolved.

it isn't bug, but request for new feature.

look on http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_FAQ

I have nothing against some new datestyles - xml, ecma5 and I am able
to add to pg when hackers will agree

Parametrised datestyle is little bit different. I know so it can be
used for SQL injection on Oracle. So I am not sure if it is a good
idea. But isn't problem create external project (maybe on pgFoundry)
for customized datatype.

Regards

Pavel Stehule