Re: pgsql: Basic Recovery Control functions for use in Hot Standby. Pause,

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Basic Recovery Control functions for use in Hot Standby. Pause,
Date: 2011-03-08 02:36:09
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 11:00 PM, Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>>> Basic Recovery Control functions for use in Hot Standby. Pause, Resume,
>>> Status check functions only. Also, new recovery.conf parameter to
>>> pause_at_recovery_target, default on.
>>>

>> I guess that new parameter should also be in recovery.conf.sample, right?
>>

> This one is still not in recovery.conf.sample

What about the attached patch?

>> And it definitely needs to be mentioned in the docs for
>> pause_at_recovery_target that it only works in hot standby.

Done.

>>> On the second thought, I think it's useful to emit the NOTICE message when
>>> recovery reaches the pause point, as follows.
>>>
>>> NOTICE: Recovery will not complete until pg_xlog_replay_resume() is called.
>>
>> I'm OK with adding a message, but NOTICE is the wrong level.
>>
>> My proposal is this message
>>
>> LOG: Recovery has paused. Execute pg_xlog_replay_resume() to continue.

Done.

And, I found that <indexterm> tag has not been added for recovery
control functions
yet. So I added that into func.sgml.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
change_recovery_conf_sample_v1.patch application/octet-stream 2.2 KB