Re: Completely un-tuned Postgresql benchmark results: SSD vs desktop HDD

From: Michael March <mmarch(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Completely un-tuned Postgresql benchmark results: SSD vs desktop HDD
Date: 2010-08-13 06:06:59
Lists: pgsql-performance

As a postscript to these tests.. I just tried the 500GB Monentus XT hybrid
SSD/HDD drive. I had this fantasy that it would at least do better than the
7200 rpm desktop drive.

Oh lord, my gut was wrong. The performance was inconsistent and never over
2/3rds the performance of the slowest desktop drive.

--
<admiral>

Michael F. March ----- mmarch(at)gmail(dot)com