Re: ERROR: transaction is read-only

From: Maciek Sakrejda <msakrejda(at)truviso(dot)com>
To: "Satish Burnwal (sburnwal)" <sburnwal(at)cisco(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: transaction is read-only
Date: 2011-01-17 22:12:32
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Your transaction is probably being set to read-only somewhere. I'm
going out on a limb and venture that that does not have anything to do
with the code you've showed us. I don't think the driver sets a
connection to read-only on its own anywhere (only through explicit
user caslls to setReadOnly--or, of course, manually issuing a query
such as "SET SESSION CHARACTERISTICS AS TRANSACTION READ ONLY" or just
"SET TRANSACTION READ ONLY"). Are you using RO connections anywhere
else? Could this be improper reuse of a read-only connection from a
pool? Can you turn this into an isolated test case or at least provide
more details on what works and what doesn't.

---
Maciek Sakrejda | System Architect | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 215
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
msakrejda(at)truviso(dot)com