Needs Suggestion

From: SUBHAM ROY <subham(dot)iem(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Needs Suggestion
Date: 2011-03-27 13:22:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,
I am currently a student of IIT Bombay. I am doing a project on "Benchmark
design". For that I need to measure the performance of various queries in
databases.
I want to know how can we measure the execution time of a query in Postgres
(Explain analyze will not do). Also is there any tools available in Linux
for measuring the performance of queries of databases such as Oracle 11g,
Postgres, etc.
Any suggestions will be very helpful.

--
Thank You,