Complex DBs & Ontologies

From: Alpha Beta <dzjitaru(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Complex DBs & Ontologies
Date: 2011-01-28 22:51:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I tried to translate a small database schema to an ontology model (following
some mapping rules).
However I guess the process would be more complex to do with a big and more
constrained relational database.
My question is not specific to Postgresql, But I thought more people in this
list are expert about databases :)
So, my question, what are the main problems of big relational databases that
will be hard to map into another things (cause in my case "to ontologies" I
don't want to lose useful information & constraints ..and so on.. ).

Regards,
Yitaru