Re: Calling pgScript from the command line

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Jeremy Palmer <JPalmer(at)linz(dot)govt(dot)nz>, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Calling pgScript from the command line
Date: 2011-01-17 06:46:45
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 23:02, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 9:50 PM, Jeremy Palmer <JPalmer(at)linz(dot)govt(dot)nz> wrote:
>> It would be really awesome for DBAs admins to be able to run pgscripts from the command line which have developed in pgadmin. Even better if the programme is distributed with the standard win32 download.
>>
>> Would it be possible to revive it and integrate xtra/pgScript into the pgadmin?
>
> Well it's already in the source tree, and already integrated into the
> pgAdmin GUI. All that is needed is a patch to fix the bitrot. As
> always, patches are welcome.

Seems the first issue at least comes from patch
93834d477cd3fb91deacc0946ef845622fd6678d which removed our md5
support. But there seems to be other issues as well. If you (=Jeremy)
want to look at this, that'd be great - if not, I can probably look at
it, but not right now.

(btw, we really should look at making it not compile pgscript twice -
once for pgadmin and once for the one in xtra/. But that's something
for another day :D)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/